10 Facts Proving Email is Better than Facebook
Email has proven time and time again to be a far better marketing tool than Facebook or social media in general.
Email has been around virtually since the beginning of the Internet as we know it. Social media, such as Facebook, is still relatively new compared to email.
In addition, many social media platforms have come and gone (remember MySpace?). But email has withstood the test of time.
Many marketers who use both email and Facebook would easily argue that email is the better of the two at creating leads and getting higher conversion rates and return on investment.
Here are 10 reasons why email is superior to Facebook.
1. Did you know there are 3.7 Billion Email Users in the world? That's more than half the global population. Facebook has 1.9 Billion
2. More people check their emails daily (91%) compared to Facebook (57%).
3. Email (77%) is the preferred channel for permission-based promotions. Facebook is only 7%.
4. More users check for company deals on Email (44%) versus Facebook (4%).
5. For most people, Email (58%) is their first online interaction of the day compared to Facebook (11%).
6. Email (79%) has a higher reach (inbox placement) than Facebook (1 - 6%).
7. The Click-through-rate for Email is higher than Facebook (3.57% vs 0.07%)
8. The Conversion Rate for Email is three times higher than Facebook (66% vs 20%)
9. Email delivers a better ROI than Facebook (21% vs 15%)
10. You are 12 times more likely to create customer value through Email than through Facebook (12% vs 1%)
Sources: MarketingSherpa, OptinMonster and MailMunch